Tuesday, May 21, 2013

New Motivation!!!

 I left Las Vegas more motivated than ever to get myself bigger, faster and stronger. I changed around my diet and my workouts now that it is “Long Drive Season” to have my workouts focus on functional movements that involve rotation and being in the golf posture. Also the focus of many of my workouts has been fast/explosive upper and lower body days, using a medicine ball, sledgehammer and tires to activate my fast twitch muscle fibers. I have also been doing a lot of speed training as well that is very sport specific. I utilize a weighted Momentus power Hitter , Momentus speed whoosh, blank shaft with no head and my swing meters to track progress. This is a workout that I bring to the golf course. I am very fortunate to have a great friend in Marc Bayram, the head golf professional at Timberlin Golf Course who allows me to go out on the course with a cart and practice my drives, since our range is limited to irons only. He also lets me use his Foresight GC2 Launch Monitor when it comes close to competition time to help me fine tune my clubs to see where my launch numbers are at. I am beginning to plateau with my gains, but I still feel I have a gear that has yet to be tapped that will bring me to the next level in Long Drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment